Sunday, February 7, 2010

Feb 1 - Feb 5 completed trades







Well, here are the completed trades this week, all discussed and analyzed in detail sometime during this week. The week was actually better than the impression one gets from by looking at the above table as IVAN was the smallest position of the week and PAL the biggest.

But there is an important lesson for me here. It looks like I tend to relax a little too much with these small positions and I will try and be more cautious in the future. 

4 profits, 2 losses - +2.89%

Average Profit - + 2.515%
Average Loss -  - 3.585%

Total account up 2.9% YTD (after commissions)

Open positions - NEP, NGD, GMCR (all long) about 40% cash

All in all, a pretty satisfying week considering how tough the markets were to trade.

Note:

1) The table shows only completed trades of the week. The positions that are still open will be accounted for in the week that I close them.
2) The YTD calculation includes the open positions. I just take my account value at end of Friday and calculate it. So, it also includes commissions which do matter a lot to a small account like mine.

Which other blog reports results after commissions? :) 

Take care and good luck next week. I will be back later this evening with some charts worth keeping an eye on.

No comments: