Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Watchlist results

Another bullish day. I am sorry, make that very bullish. With this market, the basic philosophy is never look a gift horse in the mouth. Enjoy it while it lasts! The market is going to react to results now, so there is pretty much no use pointing to overall index charts. Just be careful if the market gets overbought. You can find the link to an earning calendars at the bottom of the right hand column of this blog under "Earnings Calendar". Just make sure you know when the stock you are taking a position in is reporting.

I had talked about four stocks in my post last night dear readers - LUK, SWC, PAL, NEP. Here is how they fared today:

LUK: +2.74%
SWC: +8.15%
PAL: +7.47%
NEP: +2.71%

Not too bad, even if I say so myself :). I hope some of you readers benefited from these calls. Personally speaking, I finally got back to trading today, placing my first trade in a week. I took a position in PAL at 4.80 and then added to the position at 4.88. I still own this heading into tomorrow. I also entered PNX at 3.30. This is a stock from the weekly watchlist I posted this Sunday. This stock was up over 21% today!!!! I sold it at 3.46 as I had a quick day trade in mind while entering it. It closed at 3.74 :). I hope you readers made more out of it than I did!

NEP reports tomorrow, so I should be in for an interesting day. I try never to hold a stock into its earnings but if you readers have read my introduction post, you know why this stock is different ;)

I will be back later tonight with some more picks. Take care and good luck!


No comments: