Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mar 8 - Mar 12 completed trades











4 profits, 4 losses, 1 breakeven - +2.78%
Average Profit - +1.99%
Average Loss - -1.29%

Total account up 9.5% YTD (after commissions)

Open Positions: NEP, DUG (~65% cash)
I, for one, am glad this week is over. Let's just say that the only one party benefited from my trading endeavors this week, and that happens to be my broker. Though the numbers don't look too bad, it was a pretty frustrating week. As the markets didn't seem to be going anywhere, I tried to make things happen and in the process badly overtraded. Not good. Not good at all. This must be close to the most I have traded in a week. If one was looking for a silver lining, it would be that I kept my losses small. Ironically, the biggest disappointment of the week was the stock was one in which I waited too long - UAUA. The one time I tried to be patient the entire week! Go figure that out! That was just the kind of week it was. Anyway, my account is still around 1% from its all time highs and I am looking forward to trading the next week and not to make the same mistakes again.

I will be back later this evening and tomorrow with the market review and what to expect next week and also a list of some potential breakout set ups for next week.

Take care and enjoy the weekend!

Note:

1) The table shows only completed trades of the week. The positions that are still open will be accounted for in the week that I close them.
2) The YTD calculation includes the open positions. I just take my account value at end of Friday and calculate it. So, it also includes commissions which do matter a lot to a small account like mine.

Which other blog reports results after commissions? :)

No comments: