Friday, January 7, 2011

One year blogversary

Tomorrow happens to be the first anniversary of the blog. Frankly speaking, I find it a little hard to believe that I have stuck to writing this regularly for a year now! The blog started as a trading journal but, as I am sure you readers would agree, has evolved to much more than that. Here is the first post I wrote:

"I have been wanting/planning to start a trading journal for a long time but just havent got down to it. I promised myself I would get started with it in the new year, so am late by a week already. Oh well....better late than never. Gotta try and be regular with this....More tomorrow."
Reading this first post makes me realize what a journey this has been and I would like to thank you readers for being a part of it. From 100 odd visitors in the first week to over 100000 visitors, its been quite a ride! As I had mentioned sometime last month, I was thinking of closing the blog on its first anniversary due to time constraints. But thanks to all the mails I received from you readers (Thanks to all those who wrote!), I have decided to try my best to keep the blog running. The posts might reduce in frequency a bit and may be put up at odd hours, but its going to continue nonetheless. Its a great feeling to be able to give back to the community, even if it's in a small way! From your mails, I have come to know that the blog is helping many of you in your trading efforts and that is more than enough motivation I need to keep this going.

Take care and good luck!


4 comments:

Bill said...

Thanks PT, we appreciate all your hard work.

positiontrader said...

Thanks Bill! And thanks also for the insightful comments! They are very much appreciated and I hope they will continue as long as the blog continues!

Bill said...

That sounded ominous, on a scale of 1 - 10, ten being the greatest, what are the chances your day job takes over your side job in 2011? BTW i have a day job too (not that glamorous) and i barely have time to research and comment on this blog, let alone write and admin one, so if you had to let it go i would be disappointedly understandable.

positiontrader said...

I don't wanna put a number on it Bill, at least not until I have a better idea of things, but the new day job is taking a lot more time! That being said, I am gonna try my best to keep the blog running. Time shall tell.